“We”, “our”, “us”, “the company”, “ARMSA Limited”, “ARMSA Ltd”, “ARMSA Consulting”, “ARMSA.Academy”, all refer to the company ARMSA Limited and all its subsidiaries and parent companies. ARMSA LIMITED is a company registered in England (registration number: 03818234, VAT number: 670192148) and located at the address Clippers House, Clippers Quay, Manchester, M50 3XP. The company email address is email@example.com and the company telephone number is +44 (0) 161 457 80 10.
“You, “your” refer to a client or other contact of ARMSA, visitors of ARMSA website, people who use our services including those who enrol on our online programmes, subscribe to our newsletter, request a publication from us or submit a job application.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our postal address above.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them. We only record data of a person, if that data is relevant to the needs of our business.
REGISTERED AS DATA CONTROLLER with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)
As per the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 for every organisation that processes personal information, ARMSA Ltd is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) that upholds information rights in the public interest, including all the applicable legislation at https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/what-we-do/legislation-we-cover/. Our registration number is Z2347704 and our entry at https://ico.org.uk/ESDWebPages/Entry/Z2347704.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Your Name (only when you give it to us)
- Your Job title (again, only when you give it to us)
- Your Contact information, including your email address (e.g. when you contact us via our website) and sometimes (e.g. for Alumni) postal address (where we send the certificates).
- Any information that allows you to register / create an account / start a project with us.
- Any relevant details related to making a purchase.
- Your active (or hard) opt-in: if you want to receive our newsletter or any other information from us, as per the UK/EU GDPR regulations, you need to actively opt in. Unless you opt in, you will not be receiving our newsletter, market survey results or any special offers or promotional information.
As a candidate completing ARMSA.Academy training or online performance support products, in addition we collect the following information:
- The course (s) being taken
- The organisation that you work for
The information above allows us to identify you uniquely, so that no other person can have access to your account or benefit from the perks you gain from the usage of our services via our website, other electronic conversations (e.g. email), or in our face-to-face or telephone conversations. This and additional information we may collect also allows us to give as personalised an experience as is possible:
Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Your Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys
We use third party website analytics or tracking software. These include but are not limited to Google Analytics through which we collect and view standard website usage statistics and details of visitor behaviour patterns (e.g. what pages you visited, or the number of people who visited a particular page). This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this, e.g. we will ask you to sign in or to register. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
In addition, we may use AutoPilot and MailChimp to conduct email Marketing. As part of this, we collect information conducive to distributing our newsletter. We also make sure, in line with the related UK and EU regulations that we gather opt-in data.
From time to time, we may embed content from other sites. This happens, for example, when embedding YouTube videos from our channel or others’ or content from other services. This may add their code and cookies to your website. We always make sure that the sites we embed content from are clean, secure and relevant. We only embed external content when it is appropriate, e.g. video stream from our YouTube channel rather than our own website will help the server continue to perform very well to timely present you its content.
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from our company, enabling us to deliver improved and tailored products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- To influence our Research and Development program,
- For our own internal records,
- To improve the products and services we provide,
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry,
- To customise the website for you,
- To send you promotional emails or call you about products, services, offers and other elements we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for research purposes.
All of the personal data we process is done so by our staff in the UK. However, in order to provide our services, we engage with a number of third parties termed ‘Processors’ who may host or process data within the EU such as our IT, Learning Management Software (aNewSpring) and hosting facilities. We only authorise access by third parties if they demonstrate strong data privacy practices and always limit their access solely to what is required for them to provide their services.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
Candidate information is solely used to process your qualification and we will never use this information for marketing or commercial purposes, nor will we share with any other third party for those purposes.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP DATA
We are required under UK tax law to keep your financial transactions and basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of seven years.
Any additional information that we have is kept until we are reasonably certain that you no longer wish to do business with us unless you request to destroy it.
Candidate information is kept for as long as the qualification taken is considered up to date and relevant to enable us to validate any queries and supply replacement certificates.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to understand what pages are more relevant to you, so that we are be able to present content, options and functionalities accordingly, as is specific to you. They also enable us to see information such as how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Check whether you are logged onto our website.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON ARMSA.ACADEMY WEBSITE?
|“Google Fonts”||Tcb_google_fonts||365 days||We use the Google Fonts API to display fonts on our website. The Google fonts API requests your IP address when visiting our website.||https://policies.google.com/privacy|
|“Complianz”||cmplz_all, cmplz_event_xxx, cmplz_stats, cmplz_id, complianz_config, complianz_consent_status, complianz_policy_id||365 days||Complianz stores the user preferences for the cookie warning banner||https://complianz.io/privacy-statement/|
CONTROLLING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, face-to-face, on the phone or by post, you will be given a choice to opt in to join our community and receive communications from us by email.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can also change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Unsubscribe via on unsubscribe link in your marketing email.
- Send an email to email@example.com from the email you are subscribed with.
- Write to us at: Clippers House, Clippers Quay, Manchester, M50 3XP, United Kingdom
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties, unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the recent EU GDPR regulations.
We will always hold your information securely. To do this, we use third-party applications reputed for their security and robustness (e.g. Stripe) and our installing https. We also work continually to keep our digital framework secure. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the recent UK and European GDPR regulations.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over websites outside of our armsa.academy domain.
If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.