An Integrated Approach – IOSH Managing Safely for Wind Power and Performance Support
IOSH Managing Safely for Wind Power
The IOSH Managing Safely for Wind Power training programme takes a unique view of safety. For over 10 years, wind power professionals across the globe who build and manage onshore and offshore wind power assets have attended this course, and contributed to the maturity of its content.
It tackles safety from a management decision making perspective and focuses on operational issues facing companies operating in the wind power industry. It is designed for site owner-operators, OEMs, O&M contractors and contracting companies working in this high growth and high consequence sector. The course is suitable for those working on and off shore.
Is this an e-learning course? Well, no. Delivered by our experienced trainers, we are harnessing the virtual environment like no one else does. Live presentations, group work, video assignments, and many more – we want to make sure you are involved and are learning through active problem solving. No, not a traditional approach to safety.
Add to this 12 months free access to performance support sprints, built just for you. This digital performance support helps with your decision-making in the workflow. We want you to succeed in your role. With c.40 more performance sprints at your fingertips, whenever and wherever, you can inform, verify, improve your decisions at the time convenient for you. In addition, you are connected and integrated with a global community of commercial professionals – so you can always seek peer opinion too.
Completing the performance sprint journey will earn you a professional CPD certificate too.
By the end of this 4.5 day assessed IOSH Managing Safely for Wind Power programme you will be better equipped to deliver utility scale projects through:
- Understanding the consequences of strategic and tactical decisions on asset performance and safety.
- Designing, executing and managing wind projects by proactively dealing with work package and asset interfaces whilst dealing with supply chain variability.
- Practical application of risk management tools.
- Developing project and asset management tools to control and monitor opportunities and risks.
Performance support is self-guided 12 months journey. Your learning aims will be driven by your decisions. These decisions depend on what your role is. Download the full Performance Support journey to view the topics we have chosen for various role holders in the wind industry.
Consisting of 7 modules, the IOSH Managing Safely for Wind Power programme deals with the following:
- Growth of the wind industry and its effect on successful project construction and O&M
- Health and safety risk management techniques within the context of work planning and execution
- Using risk assessment as an operational decision making tool and setting people to work processes
- Establishing organisational learning teams
- Aligning organisation resources and processes to maximise asset value throughout the lifecycle
- Contract, project and operational key performance measures
For detailed Module information, please view the programme schedules available at the links below.