Lead technicians, you offer supervision, guidance and support to technicians alike whilst ensuring that assets are maintained in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- How can you oversee the health and safety requirements for the entire staff in an easy and efficient way?
- How do you know what risk to take and which ones to stay clear off?
ARMSA Academy’s performance support equips you with digital resources that help to make the right decisions first time. It helps with your decision-making in the workflow.
We want you to succeed in your role. With c.40 more performance video sprints at your fingertips, whenever and wherever, you can inform, verify, improve your decisions at the time convenient for you. In addition, you are connected and integrated with a global community of commercial professionals – so you can always seek peer opinion too.
If this doesn’t explain performance support – watch our brief video intro… and test drive the demo!
Completing the performance sprint journey within 12-months period will earn you a professional CPD certificate too. Keen to see what subjects are covered by Performance Support? Click more….
Content of this performance journey includes:
Master your leadership
- Leaderhip styles – which one is right for you?
- Check your people skills. What do you need to work on?
- The team leader qualities – what does it take to be an effective team leader?
What should be considered at the planning phase
- Operationalising the risk assessment process
- The practical use of principles of prevention
- Essential elements of a plan
- Running a successful team – the team leader’s toolbox
- What makes a successful team?
- The relationship between safety rules, risk assessments and work instructions
- Practical application of Permit to Work
- The relationship between work instructions, risk assessment and method statements
- Reviewing risk assessments: improving operational control and reducing liability
- Setting people to work effectively
- What to do if a HSE inspector calls?
- How to effectively deliver on the job hazard briefing to the contractor
- The communication highway – components of effective communication
- Top tips when communicating information
- Effective hazard identification
- Common hazards within wind power (c.20)
- Effective pre-job briefing
- Supervision and monitoring – is there a difference?
- A practical approach to risk based monitoring
- Common pitfalls of the setting people to work process
- Is there a difference between accident, incident and near-miss – most common definitions
- Common pitfalls associated with risk assessments
Download the full content: Performance Support – Lead Technician