Procurement and work package managers, you, no doubt, are looking for new ways to safeguard your decisions among the complex procurement frameworks dominating the wind power.
- How can you leverage the new, more flexible market conditions that exist today?
- How can you always be confident that the contracts you sign will never compromise quality, security and safety but will drive operational performance?
- How do you cooperate and partner with the supply chain that enables them to form long-standing, transparent and mutually beneficial commercial relationship?
This performance support programme helps Procurement and Work Package Managers make informed decisions whilst navigating through the critical process of contract engagement, negotiation and stakeholder management. Performance support helps with your decision-making in the workflow.
We want you to succeed in your role. With c.40 more performance video sprints at your fingertips, whenever and wherever, you can inform, verify, improve your decisions at the time convenient for you. Our portfolio of short video-based materials helps you maximise production and proactively manage risk whilst at the same time identify value and pinpoint performance improvements. In addition, you are connected and integrated with a global community of commercial professionals – so you can always seek peer opinion too.
If this doesn’t explain performance support – watch our brief video intro… and test drive the demo!
Completing the performance sprint journey within 12-months period will earn you a professional CPD certificate too. Keen to see what subjects are covered by Performance Support? Click more….
Content of this performance journey contains:
Master your leadership
- Choosing the right contract manager
- How to work in a matrix organisation
What should be considered at the planning phase
- Operationalising the risk assessment process
- The impact of technical specifications on risk
- The effect of contracting strategies on risk
- Battle of the laws – H&S vs Commercial and contract
- Delivering a capital project? What are the key roles?
- Importing plant and equipment – what are your responsibilities?
- Using the contract to influence management of interfaces
- Costs and risks arising from operational integration of newly procured plant and equipment.
- Health and safety T&Cs – do’s and don’ts
- Whole of life assessment for safety and costs
- How to risk assess your project plan to attract the right bidders?
- Procuring safety critical services? Are kitemarks sufficient?
- Specifying safety performance metrics and data for new and replacement plant
- Managing client side safety information pre-contract Safety risk transfer – is it allowed?
- Singular or segmented supply chain process – what is right for you?
- Aligning culture, contract and work delivery (FIDIC vs NEC3)
- Does your standard PQQ process really tell you if your contractor is competent?
- Developing a work package risk register – what are the factors?
- What is competence in the context of the supply chain?
- The practical use of principles of prevention
- Key roles in the Project Management Organisation – a regulatory perspective
- The relationship between safety rules, risk assessments and work instructions
- Practical application of Permit to Work
- The relationship between work instructions, risk assessment and method statements
- Reviewing risk assessments: improving operational control and reducing liability
- Using the contract to manage multi-tiered contractor risk
- The art of effective bid evaluation
- Inspections and audits: is there a difference
- Using cause and effect to identify plant/contract specific KPIs
- Effective contract review process
- Does independent assurance help you understand how systems work in practice
- Using organisational learning to streamline re-contracting
Download the full content: Performance Support – Procurement & Work Package Manager