As procurement frameworks in energy provision become more complex, managers are looking for new ways to safeguard the procurement decisions they make.
- How can you leverage the new, more flexible market conditions that exist today?
- How can you always be confident that the contracts you sign will never compromise quality, security and safety but will drive operational performance?
- How do you cooperate and partner with the supply chain that enables them to form long-standing, transparent and mutually beneficial commercial relationship?
This performance support programme will help Procurement Managers make informed decisions whilst navigating through the critical process of contract engagement, negotiation and stakeholder management.
Available online and on the go, our portfolio of short video-based sprints help you maximise production and proactively manage risk whilst at the same time identify value and pinpoint performance improvements.
Content of this performance journey contains:
Master your leadership
- Choosing the right contract manager
- How to work in a matrix organisation
What should be considered at the planning phase
- Operationalising the risk assessment process
- The impact of technical specifications on risk
- The effect of contracting strategies on risk
- Battle of the laws – H&S vs Commercial and contract
- Delivering a capital project? What are the key roles?
- Importing plant and equipment – what are your responsibilities?
- Using the contract to influence management of interfaces
- Costs and risks arising from operational integration of newly procured plant and equipment.
- Health and safety T&Cs – do’s and don’ts
- Whole of life assessment for safety and costs
- How to risk assess your project plan to attract the right bidders?
- Procuring safety critical services? Are kitemarks sufficient?
- Specifying safety performance metrics and data for new and replacement plant
- Managing client side safety information pre-contract Safety risk transfer – is it allowed?
- Singular or segmented supply chain process – what is right for you?
- Aligning culture, contract and work delivery (FIDIC vs NEC3)
- Does your standard PQQ process really tell you if your contractor is competent?
- Developing a work package risk register – what are the factors?
- What is competence in the context of the supply chain?
- The practical use of principles of prevention
- Key roles in the Project Management Organisation – a regulatory perspective
- The relationship between safety rules, risk assessments and work instructions
- Practical application of Permit to Work
- The relationship between work instructions, risk assessment and method statements
- Reviewing risk assessments: improving operational control and reducing liability
- Using the contract to manage multi-tiered contractor risk
- The art of effective bid evaluation
- Inspections and audits: is there a difference
- Using cause and effect to identify plant/contract specific KPIs
- Effective contract review process
- Does independent assurance help you understand how systems work in practice
- Using organisational learning to streamline re-contracting