If you are a good project or construction manager, you know that project success is no longer only defined by delivering a project on time and on-budget.
You recognise that your decisions stretch beyond the project delivery date and impact safety, quality and the overall asset performance across its lifecycle.
Our performance support sprints help Project Managers make informed decisions whilst navigating through project milestones. Available online and on the go, our portfolio of short video-based materials help you maximise production and proactively manage risk whilst at the same time identify value and pinpoint performance improvements. Performance support helps with your decision-making in the workflow.
We want you to succeed in your role. With c.40 more performance video sprints at your fingertips, whenever and wherever, you can inform, verify, improve your decisions at the time convenient for you. In addition, you are connected and integrated with a global community of commercial professionals – so you can always seek peer opinion too.
If this doesn’t explain performance support – watch our brief video intro… and test drive the demo!
Completing the performance sprint journey within 12-months period will earn you a professional CPD certificate too. Keen to see what subjects are covered by Performance Support? Click more….
Content of your performance journey contains:
Master your leadership
- What effect is your management style having in practice?
What should be considered at the planning phase
- Operationalising the risk assessment process
- The impact of technical specifications on risk
- The effect of contracting strategies on risk
- Planning for emergencies: are you covering all the scenarios?
- Battle of the laws – H&S vs Commercial and Contract
- Using the contract to influence management of interfaces
- How to risk assess your project plan to attract the right bidders?
- Procuring safety critical services?
- Are kitemarks sufficient?
- Specifying safety performance metrics and data for new and replacement plant
- Aligning culture, contract and work delivery (FIDIC vs NEC3)
- Managing information at pre-construction phase
- The practical use of principles of prevention
- Approaches to managing construction risk
- Key aspects of construction handover
- Key roles in the Project Management Organisation – a regulatory perspective
- The real value of a construction safety plan Using your limited budget to improve operations risk control
- The relationship between safety rules, risk assessments and work instructions
- Practical application of Permit to Work
- The relationship between work instructions, risk assessment and method statements
- Reviewing risk assessments: improving operational control and reducing liability
- Setting people to work effectively
- What to do if a HSE inspector calls?
- Using the contract to manage multi-tiered contractor risk
- How to use project risk assessment to control risk in construction operations
- Recipe for an effective weekly meeting
- Inspections and audits: is there a difference?
- Supervision and monitoring – is there a difference?
- Comparing methods for investigating accidents and incidents
- Leading and lagging indicators for safety
- Choosing the right team for investigating accidents and incidents
- Effective contract review process
- A practical approach to risk based monitoring
- Does independent assurance help you understand how systems work in practice
- The components of hazard operability studies in SIMOPS
- Signs of poor project and construction management capability
- A safe system of work – whose responsibility is it? A claims perspective.
- Common pitfalls associated with risk assessments
Download the full content: Performance Support – Project & Construction Manager