The way we use energy is changing fast, which is why the way we manage energy assets needs to change even faster. This performance support programme will help Asset Managers make informed decisions whilst navigating through the critical process of effective asset and stakeholder management.
Available online and on the go, our portfolio of short video-based sprints help you maximise production and proactively manage risk whilst at the same time identify value and pinpoint performance improvements.
Content of this performance journey contains:
Master your leadership
- What effect is your management style having in practice?
What should be considered at the planning phase
- Operationalising the risk assessment process
- The impact of technical specifications on risk
- The effect of contracting strategies on risk
- Planning for emergencies: are you covering all the scenarios?
- The impacts of preventative and breakdown maintenance on risk
- What is competence?
- Growing your portfolio: what is organisational change?
- The wider benefits of management of change.
- Basics of applying construction safety regulation to operations and maintenance
- Scheduled maintenance strategy – what are the options?
- Battle of the laws – H&S vs Commercial and contract
- The practical use of principles of prevention
- The relationship between safety rules, risk assessments and work instructions
- Practical application of Permit to Work
- The relationship between work instructions, risk assessment and method statements
- Reviewing risk assessments: improving operational control and reducing liability
- Setting people to work effectively
- Safe, effective and efficient delivery of work – a work management approach
- The importance of sequential decision making on risk control
- How to use RAMS to streamline O&M procedures?
- What are the components of a standard operating procedure (AWP v RAMS)?
- Do you have a robust enough Emergency Response organisation?
- What to do if a HSE inspector calls?
- What are safety rules?
- Inspections and audits: is there a difference
- Supervision and monitoring – is there a difference?
- Comparing methods for investigating accidents and incidents
- Leading and lagging indicators for safety
- Choosing the right team for investigating accidents and incidents
- The criticality of statutory inspections
- Finding the true leading KPIs
- Developing audit questions to do the right things right, not more of the wrong things right.
- Using cause and effect to identify plant/contract specific KPIs
- Effective contract review process
- A practical approach to risk based monitoring
- Common pitfalls of the setting people to work process
- Common pitfalls associated with risk assessments